Where are they now?
Graduate Success Stories, New Graduate Stories
An Artistry and Make-Up Academy course can lead to amazing things! We have graduates working in all sorts of positions in the Make-Up and Beauty Industry, from photography and fashion to TV and film. Julie Parsons, Kelly Flood and graduates from the Artistry of Makeup Academy tell their stories below.
I couldn't wait to get started in the beauty industry! I'd been using the gorgeous Artistry skincare products for 4 years prior to starting in the industry and hadn't found a better product out there! I'm always getting comments about how great my skin looks so when the opportunity arose to do a beauty and makeup course at AMA I jumped at it! Not only did I get to study using the skincare I loved the most, but I also received training from some of the best teachers in the industry! Since completing my training which includes hair, makeup, special effects and beauty, I've started my own business called 2b-fem (beauty, bridal, film, entertainment, makeup) and launched a great website that I'm really proud of! There's so much money to be made in this industry. I have regular clients and also do hair & makeup for weddings plus pamper parties which are a lot of fun! I've made fabulous lifelong friends and use some of them as therapists in my business. You couldn't get a nicer bunch of people than Leanne's team at AMA. Thanks guys! I am what I am today because you helped me!"
just wanted to say a massive thankyou for forwarding me the vacant position with Starshots. I went for the interview and was selected. I'm sooo stoked. I would like to thank everyone at the Academy for all work experience opportunities that have been offered to me, they have opened so many doors, not only have I been working with an amazing photographer who has helped me to create an amazing portfolio: Laurie Klippel - Twisted Image, but I've had experience with short film doing special Fx - and now I have a film reel to add to my portfolio. I'm also now head makeup artist for a new swimsuit range called Ossix, I have done makeup for their photoshoots and am now going to Port Macquarie to do makeup for the launch on the catwalk. I will always be grateful for all these opportunities and encourage anyone who has the same passion, to keep going, stick it out, do plenty of work experience, 'cos although it may not be paid (some are) it will lead somewhere bigger and better! Cheers,
Model Mayhem Profile
My name is Linzi Marshall I am a makeup Artist from Sydney, NSW. In 2007 I enrolled at the Artistry of makeup Academy at Hurstville and completed my Certificate IV makeup. I thoroughly enjoy working as a makeup artist in Sydney I have work on a regular basis doing Makeup for Weddings/ Formals / Special occasions/ Fancy dress/ photo shoots.
- Models up close - In 2008 and 2009 I have worked on numerous photographic shoots and short films at various locations over Sydney.
- In 2008 I worked with the UNSW photo club on a photographic shoot for their major works.
- In 2008 I worked with photographer Richard Anthony, one taking place at the red door studio in Sydney. The models were from Platform Modeling Agency.
- In 2008 and 2009 I worked with American photographer Tom Nguyen on a photo shoot at various locations. The images that we produced were of an editorial style.
- In 2009 I worked with designer Karen Parkinson creating a fabulous look book displaying her Summer 09/10 collection.
- In 2008 I worked for Pretty Girls of the Week; a monthly event that has fashion shows at prestigious Sydney club venues including SOHO and Dragonfly.
- In 2008 I worked at the Schools Spectacular which is televised on the ABC. Featured artists I worked with included ex Australian Idol contestants Roshani Priddis and Paulini. I have made a valuable contact through Roshani Priddis.
- In 2009 I have worked with MCTV which is a leading acting agency in Sydney
- In 2009 I worked for Australis at Various Priceline stores across Sydney promoting their new range of products by giving mini makeovers to many customers.
- In 2009/2010 I worked with the prestigious Australian fashion label Provocactor. I have worked on photo shoots alongside the Provocator team to create stunning vibrant makeup looks for their American look-book.
- In 2009 I worked alongside Donny Galella Designer/Stylist and Television Presenter. Donny has had his label 'Galella' worn by the likes of Sophia Loren, Carson Cressley and Kelly Rowland. I created a look subtle look for our model, using minimal makeup with a bold lip. The look was designed for a girl going to her school formal. The article and photographs appeared in the 'Southern Courier' and also mentioned my name. To work with a Stylist of such a high calibre was an extraordinary experience.
- In 2010 I continue to work with Provocator, the most recent photo shoot was at a studio in Darlinghurst, Sydney where I was employed to do the makeup for four A grade football players from St George Illawarra one of them being Lance Thompson who has not only played for St George but also Australia. The photographs from this shoot have been printed onto a flyer and distributed around the St George and Sutherland Shire areas.
Many of the jobs that I have done over the past years have been due to keeping in contact with the Artistry of makeup academy. AMA continuously keeps past and current students updated on fabulous work experience opportunities. The work experience opportunities allowed me to gain valuable contacts and further my skills as a makeup artist. I now work for Napoleon Perdis as a makeup artist. The sky is the limit, I love being a makeup artist and thank Artistry of makeup Academy for helping me get to where I am today!
0422 083 986